Strawberry Muffin Cakes
A delicious combination of cupcake and muffin, with an irresistible strawberry frosting - perfect for a spring day, or any day for that matter!
Time: 40 min
Yield: 12 cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 2.5oz container of McSteven's Strawberry Milk Mixer
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp buttermilk/cream/water (choose whichever works to get the consistency you want)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a cupcake/muffin pan with liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, McSteven's Strawberry Milk Mixer, and sugar on medium-high speed 5 minutes (or until thick and fluffy), scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition. Add vanilla and beat to combine.
- Reduce mixer speed to medium. Add flour mixture and buttermilk in thirds, alternating between the two, and beat until combined.
- Spoon batter evenly into a 12-peice cupcake/muffin pan, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove and allow to cool fully before icing.
- Add freeze-dried strawberries to a food processor and grind into a fine powder. Set aside.
- Beat butter in large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add half the powdered sugar and beat until combined.
- Add strawberry powder and 3 tbsp chosen liquid, beat until smooth.
- Add vanilla and slowly add remaining powdered sugar. Beat until smooth.
- Add any extra liquid or powdered sugar to reach desired consistency.
- Ice and enjoy!