Apple Cider Sugar Cookies
Get in the fall spirit with these super delicious apple cider sugar cookies - the perfect blend of sweet and tart! Choose to dress them up with sugar, cider mix, or a sweet glaze - or keep it simple and leave them plain - either way, you won't be able to resist a taste test (or two!) before sharing these goodies.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup McSteven's Spiced Red Apple Cider Mix
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
Topping or Glaze
- For rolling: 1/4 cup granulated sugar or 1/4 cup McSteven's Spiced Red Apple Cider Mix
- For glaze: 1 tbsp McSteven's Spiced Red Apple Cider Mix, 1/2 tbsp water, & 5-6 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and apple cider mix until light and fluffy (about 1 minute).
- Add egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract, beating until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Roll dough into 1" balls.
- Roll balls of dough in sugar or cider mix (optional).
- Place balls of dough on baking sheet about 2" apart. Bake for 10-11 minutes.
- Allow to cool and add glaze if desired.
- Whisk together apple cider mix and water.
- Add powdered sugar 1 tbsp at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- drizzle glaze over cooled cookies and allow to harden.