Drinks & Dessert
Belgian White Chocolate Truffles
A decadent blend of Belgian white hot cocoa mix and white chocolate, crisp on the outside and smooth, melt-in-your-mouth on the inside - what more could you ask for in a winter treat!?
Prep Time: 3 hours
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (or chopped white chocolate)
- 5 tablespoons butter (diced)
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: flavorings (1/2 teaspoon extract of choice)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup & 4 spoonfulls of McSteven's Belgian White Hot Chocolate Mix
- 3/4 pound white chocolate candy coating
- Toppings of choice (sprinkles, cocoa powder, chopped nuts, etc.)
- Combine white chocolate chips (or chopped white chocolate), butter, cream, and salt in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals until melted, about 1-2 minutes. Because white chocolate is prone to overheating, it is a good idea to stop heating before all the chips are melted and simply stir until the residual heat melts all the chocolate.
- Spoon in four spoonfulls of McSteven's Belgian White Hot Chocolate Mix and mix until combined.
- If you are using flavors, stir them in now.
- Place plastic wrap over top of white chocolate mixture and refrigerate until firm enough to scoop, about 2 hours.
- Use a teaspoon or small candy scoop to form 1-inch balls.
- Dust hands with a mixture of powdered sugar and McSteven's Belgian White Hot Chocolate Mix and roll the truffles between palms to make them round.
- place balls on waxed or parchment paper-lined baking sheet and refrigerate while you prepare the white candy coating.
- Place white candy coating in microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted, stirring after every 30 seconds.
- Use dipping tools or a fork to dip each white chocolate truffle in the melted candy coating. Hold over the bowl so the excess coating can drip off, then place back on baking sheet.
- Top truffles with topping of choice if so desired.
- Repeat process with remaining truffles.
- Refrigerate the tray briefly to set the coating (10-15 minutes)
- Enjoy! (best at room temperature)