Drinks & Dessert
Carrot Cake Frosted Muffins
When you think of Spring, what is the first dessert that comes to mind? For us, it's definitely carrot cake. With this all in one mix, you only need a few ingredients to whip up these delicious carrot cake muffins, complete with a delectably sweet and creamy frosting!
Time: 40 min
Yield: 11 - 12 Muffins
- McSteven's Frosted Carrot Cake Muffin Mix (minus 2 Tbsp)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp McSteven's Frosted Carrot Cake Muffin Mix
- 1 3/4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Softened Butter
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a cupcake/muffin tin with liners.
- Open muffin mix, measure and set aside 2 Tbsp of mix for frosting.
- Pour remaining muffin mix into a medium bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup vegetable oil, mix until combined.
- Add egg, mix until smooth.
- Pour mix into liners, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until edges of muffins turn light brown. Check doneness with a toothpick.
- While muffins are baking, make the frosting - in medium bowl, beat together 2 Tbsp muffin mix with 2 Tbsp butter and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Slowly mix in 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar and remaining milk. Mix until smooth.
- Allow muffins to cool, then add frosting and enjoy!