Carrot Cake Frosted Muffins
A delicious blend of sweet and spice for a tasty Spring treat!
Time: 40 min
Yield: 11 - 12 Muffins
- McSteven's Frosted Carrot Cake Muffin Mix (minus 2 Tbsp)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp McSteven's Frosted Carrot Cake Muffin Mix
- 1 3/4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Softened Butter
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a cupcake/muffin tin with liners.
- Open muffin mix, measure and set aside 2 Tbsp of mix for frosting.
- Pour remaining muffin mix into a medium bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup vegetable oil, mix until combined.
- Add egg, mix until smooth.
- Pour mix into liners, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until edges of muffins turn light brown. Check doneness with a toothpick.
- While muffins are baking, make the frosting - in medium bowl, beat together 2 Tbsp muffin mix with 2 Tbsp butter and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Slowly mix in 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar and remaining milk. Mix until smooth.
- Allow muffins to cool, then add frosting and enjoy!