Chocolate Hazelnut Banana Bread
A yummy chocolate twist on traditional banana bread, with a bit of hazelnut boost! Enjoy this delicious delight anytime of year with this quick and easy recipe - just a few ingredients mixed up and baked, and you have your chocolate hazelnut banana bread!
Total Time: 2 hr 30 min (including cooling time)
Yield: 8 servings
- 1/2 cup liquid coconut oil
- 3 bananas (either very ripe or microwaved)
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 container McSteven's Chocolate Hazelnut Cocoa
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly brush the inside of a 10-by-5 inch loaf pan with coconut oil and line with a strip of parchment paper. Set aside.
- If using very ripe bananas, skip microwaving. If using lightly ripe bananas, microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until soft. Mash bananas with the back of a fork in a large bowl until only a few lumps remain.
- Add eggs and mix until smooth.
- Add coconut oil, yogurt, sugar, salt, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Add container of McSteven's Chocolate Hazelnut Cocoa. Mix until smooth.
- Add flour and baking soda and mix until incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips and hazelnuts (optional) and mix until incorporated.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan, tapping it on the table a few times.
- Bake 45-60 min until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 30 minutes in the pan.
- Remove loaf from pan and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack. Bread will keep for 4 days at room temperature - enjoy!