Dark Chocolate Pudding
A smooth and decadent dark chocolate pudding made with whole milk, dark chocolate, and deep dark hot cocoa. It is the perfect pair to a night by the fire - or any day or night for that matter!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yeild: 6 Servings
- 1/3 cup McSteven's Dark Chocolate Cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 dark chocolate candy bar or baking chocolate (about 6.8 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar to taste (optional whipped cream)
Oops, I forgot the vanilla! It still tasted delicious, so vanilla is optional :)
- In a large saucepan, whisk together McSteven's Dark Chocolate Cocoa, cornstarch, and salt.
- Whisk in milk until smooth. Cook and whisk over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low and stir an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk a small amount of hot mixture in with the egg yolks. Return all to pan and whisk constantly. Bring to a gentle boil, cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in dark chocolate until melted.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla (optional). Cool 15 minutes, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate, or serve warm.
- Make whipped cream (optional) by whipping 1 cup heavy cream and adding powdered sugar to taste.
- Serve and Enjoy!