A spooky delicious treat, perfect for the Halloween season!
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 45 min
Total Time: 1hr 15min
Yield: 12 brownies
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tin McSteven's® Harry & David® Milk Chocolate Cocoa
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 8 ounces Semi-Sweet Baker's Chocolate, finely chopped
Icing & Decor
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons Milk (more or less for desired consistency)
- Green and Black Food Coloring
- 12 Milano Cookies
- 12 Candy Pumpkins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with cooking spray - set aside.
- Place butter in a medium saucepan and melt over low heat. Add sugar, McSteven's® Harry & David® Milk Chocolate Cocoa, and eggs (in that order) and whisk to combine.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, and salt over mixture and whisk until just combined. Over mixing will cause brownies to be dense and tough.
- Stir in baker's chocolate until melted and combined. Transfer batter to prepared baking pan and bake 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- While brownies are cooling, prepare frosting and decorations.
- For frosting, whisk together butter, powdered sugar and milk, adding extra milk and powdered sugar to create a pipeable consistency. Separate frosting into 2 bowls, adding green food coloring to one bowl, and black food coloring to the other.
- Spoon black icing into piping bag with a small-opening nozzle and pipe the letters "RIP" across the top of 12 Milano cookies. Cut bottoms off of cookies to create straight flat lines (see video).
- Once they have cooled, cut brownies into 12 equally sized pieces, remove from pan and set in rows. Spoon green icing into another piping bag with medium-opening nozzle and pipe a rectangle of icing across the top of each brownie - stick the flat end of a Milano cookie on each rectangle (see video). Pipe a drop of green icing next to the bottom right corner of each Milano cookie and place a candy pumpkin into each icing drop (see video).
- Serve and enjoy!