Hot Chocolate Brownies
Forget traditional brownies! These decadent Hot Chocolate Brownies serve up a deliciously sweet treat by using hot cocoa for the chocolate base and mini marshmallows for the topping. Whip these up the next time your craving some chocolaty goodness!
Active Time: 30 min
Total Time: 1 hr 45 min
Yield: 24 brownies
- Cooking spray
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter (salted or unsalted), melted and cooled
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup McSteven’s Hot Cocoa Mix (Use milk chocolate, or mix things up with one of McSteven’s many unique flavors!)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- One 10-ounce bag mini semisweet chocolate chips
- About 70 mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the melted butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the flour, hot chocolate mix, baking powder, and salt and stir until just combined.
- Mix in half the chocolate chips and spread the mixture in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, until the brownies begin to pull away from the edges, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips. Let these stand about 5 minutes, until they are soft, then spread the melted chips evenly with a spatula. Let cool for another 10 minutes.
- Use the foil to lift the brownies out of the pan, and let cool completely on a rack. Cut into 24 squares, and top each with a couple of mini marshmallows and enjoy!