Hot Chocolate Sugar Cookies
A timeless classic with a delicious twist! Sugar cookies with yummy hot chocolate mixed in makes for a delectable dessert, perfect for any cookie and chocolate lover!
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Yield: 36 cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup McSteven's Hot Chocolate (1/4 cup for mix, 1/4 cup for rolling) (You can use any flavor variety here - we used the premium chocolate)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If using metal baking sheet, line with parchment paper or coat with baking spray. If using stoneware, no other steps needed.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, and 1/4 cup McSteven's Hot Chocolate mix until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add egg, vanilla and almond extract; beat until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Roll dough into 1" balls and roll in McSteven's Cocoa powder.
- Place on baking sheet about 2" apart and bake for 10-11 minutes
- Allow to cool, then remove from baking sheet and enjoy!