Strawberry Lemon Bars
Give a tart zip to your day with this irresistible strawberry lemon bar, complete with strawberry and sugar dusting!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Servings: 24 squares
INGREDIENTS2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 8oz tin McSteven's Strawberry Lemonade
1 teaspoon baking powder
5/8 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, blend together 2 cups flour and 1 cup powdered sugar. Blend in the melted butter. Pour contents and press into greased pan to form an even layer. Bake in oven about 15 minutes, or until golden.
- In a large-sized bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, Combine sugar, baking powder, 1/4 cup flour (sifted), and McSteven's Strawberry Lemonade, stirring until there are no more flour lumps. Blend sugar mixture into the eggs and add lemon juice, blending again until smooth.
- Pour mixture over prepared crust and bake an additional 30 minutes, or until bars are set.
- Allow bars to cool completely. Blend freeze-dried strawberries to a powder. Whisk together 1/4 cup powdered sugar and blended freeze-dried strawberries until well-combined. Sift mixture over strawberry lemon bars so there is an even coating over the entire surface.
- Once cool, cut into 24 bars and enjoy!
- Refrigerate for future enjoyment.